Sunday, October 14, 2012

Designer Sale at Canada

I thoroughly enjoyed the Designer Sale at Canada College. There must have been 40-50 designers booths and I felt like I was in the best boutique in the world.  

You may remember that I had $300 in my pocket from relining Caryl's tuxedo. It was particularly fun to look knowing that I could buy too.  I toured the whole show and settled on two items.  

The first item is a lower calf length indigo died skirt that comes in a little at the bottom like a balloon skirt. It has ties on the inside so I can scrunch it up. It is from 7 Hands Design of Saratoga, CA.



 I love the heavy weight of the fabric and think it will be great with winter boots.  One problem when I wore it this week - too full and gathered at the top!  It made me feel as though I looked 15 lbs heavier around the waist.  

Hmmmm.... I opened up the top of the skirt and removed the stitching and elastic, then took in the side seams considerably and also created two darts equidistant from the side seams to take in the waist even more.  The top of the skirt now fits closer to my actual waist size. I added a zipper so the skirt no longer needs elastic in the waistband.

The second item was a pair of black ankle-length heavy weight cotton knit pants.  Very arty and so versatile I feel like I just doubled my winter wardrobe as I can wear them with all of my arty jackets.

 I bought them from JANE MOHR DESIGN'S / DRESS TO KILL / CAZ KNITWEAR and let me tell you I could have bought every single item she had and been very, very happy.  Here are some examples:




I spent the last of my change at

Missing a Few Buttons, Santa Rosa, CA 

and Park Bench Patterns 

Add caption

 

No comments:

Post a Comment